Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Got rain gear???

Yo,
So I've been preaching about running in the heat and how hot it was last year. Anybody else notice that all it has done lately is rain and only get up to the 60's? I love it actually! Running in a little bit of rain really cools your body off which helps keep you more hydrated. My body has always recovered much faster after a rain run which will help a ton since we're running back to back to back! So don't be "askeered" of the rain...it's your friend!

If you're not a big fan of running in the rain then ya better bust out the garbage sacks! :) Or go ahead and get yourself some rain gear. Just a caution though that this might trap in more body heat which'll make ya sweat more. I would definitely reccommend 2 pair of running shoes if you don't already have two pair. I might bring my old, old pair in case it rains during my first 2 legs so that I have 3 pair. They're a little green on the bottom from mowing the lawn in them.

Please feel free to call me or Brady with any last minute questions you have. Kip(801) 647-4541 and Brady (801)369-1590

We still need some volunteers as well. We have a couple of volunteer slots reserved for 4pm-9pm on Thursday at the starting line in Logan. It is currently under my name, but there is no wau I can get there in time to do that. Even if you have to bribe somebody with some money, it would be better that we all pitched in a little bit instead of paying the amount we would have to to Ragnar for volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment